Today, Governor Roy Cooper signed the following bills into law:
- Senate Bill 379: Retirement System Admin. Changes
- House Bill 472: NCSU/ NC A&T Matching Funds/ Umstead Act
- House Bill 1136: Funds for NCSSM - Morganton Campus
- House Bill 1071: Funds to DPI for ADM Growth
- Senate Bill 801: Military Presence Stabilization Fund/ Funding
- Senate Bill 806: Capital Appropriation – Western Carolina Univ.
- Senate Bill 836: State Operations/ Increase Federal Funds Use
- Senate Bill 720: GSC Conforming Amends./ 2019 Land-Use Changes
- Senate Bill 729: GSC Modernize Partition Laws
- House Bill 1208: Funding for Workforce Housing Loan Program
- House Bill 158: Covid-19 New Driver Response
Governor Cooper also vetoed the following bill:
House Bill 594: Temp Open Gyms/ Health Clubs/ Fitness Ctrs
Governor Cooper shared this statement on HB 594:
"Tying the hands of public health officials in times of pandemic is dangerous, especially when case counts and hospitalizations are rising. State and local officials must be able to take swift action during the COVID-19 emergency to prevent a surge of patients from overwhelming hospitals and endangering the lives of North Carolinians. The bill could restrict leaders who need to respond quickly to outbreaks and protect public health and safety."