NOTE: The Host Application webform is currently closed. Please check back in a few weeks.
Rules for Page Hosts
- Single individuals may only host students of the same gender.
- Married individuals may only host pages of the same gender as your child(ren).
- Homes with both male and female children will not be allowed to host pages.
- Each page must be provided with his or her own bed.
Host Family Responsibilities
- Provide Pages with transportation to and from the Governor’s Office at 116 West Jones Street each day. Pages with a valid driver license may be allowed to drive themselves with the permission of their parents.
- Provide breakfast and dinner each day from Monday evening through Thursday morning, including snacks during the evening.
- Provide appropriate hospitality and supervision, clean living area, linens and towels for each page.
- Collect payment of $100 for lodging from pages.
- Review Parental/Guardian Permission Form for guidance on appropriate after-work activities or pertinent medical conditions.
- Help enforce the dress code by monitoring page attire before they leave your home daily.
Communicate with page parents concerning any responsibility for damages during their stay. Note: The Governor’s Office will not be responsible for any damage done by pages.
After you submit your application, the Page Coordinator will schedule a home visit to assure that your home is suitable for Pages.
Pages must report on Monday at 1:00 p.m. to the Governor’s Office in the Administration Building, 116 West Jones Street, downtown Raleigh. Tuesday through Thursday, pages serve from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Pages are expected to dress in business attire each day. Young men are required to wear dress slacks, coat and tie each day. Young women are expected to wear a skirt and blouse, a dress or a pantsuit each day. Pages should wear comfortable shoes for walking and dress appropriately for weather conditions.
Office: (919) 814-2069