Employment/Employer Issues

Tab/Accordion Items

The North Carolina Office of Human Resources is the agency responsible for serving the needs of state employees. All information regarding pay, benefits, and other policies can be found at the Human Resources website. To contact them directly, email ask_hr@nc.gov or call (919) 807-4800.

If you are a current or former state employee, or a retiree, please visit the My NC Retirement page of the NC Department of the State Treasurer for information and access to ORBIT, the online retirement management platform.

NC Department of the State Treasurer
Retirement Systems Division
3200 Atlantic Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27604
Email: nc.retirement@nctreasurer.com
Phone: 1-877-NCSECURE (1-877-627-3287)
Fax: 919-855-5800


The North Carolina Division of Employment Security handles all unemployment benefits programs. The Division is part of the Department of Commerce. For applications, program information, or job assistance, please visit the Employment Security website.

NCWorks is an excellent tool for job seekers. NCWorks provides free career services and offers special programs for veterans, young adults, and former offenders. Job seekers can also apply for jobs through NCWorks and seek training opportunities to help advance their career.

If you have questions or concerns about any workers’ compensation claims, please contact the North Carolina Industrial Commission. The Industrial Commission handles all workers’ compensation matters and can be reached at (800) 688-8349.