Federal Issues

Tab/Accordion Items

The U.S. House of Representatives site offers a locator and contact service for all representatives. Enter your zip code and this service will automatically take you to an e-mail form to contact your member of Congress. If you would rather call or write a letter, you may get the contact information from the Office of the Clerk Member Directory.

The U.S. Senators of North Carolina are:

Senator Richard Burr
(202) 224-3154

Senator Thom Tillis
(202) 224-6342

Immigration is a matter for the federal government. All immigration related questions should be addresses to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Social Security is a program that is administered by the federal government. Contact the Social Security Administration for help. If you have trouble getting help, contact your Congressional representative.

Medicare is a federal government program. Contact Medicare for help. If you are having trouble getting assistance, contact your Congressional representative.

Medicaid is administered by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. For information about Medicaid and other Medical Assistance Services, please visit the Division of Medical Assistance.

NC Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Medical Assistance
1985 Umstead Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27603-2001
Phone:919-855-4100 (Main Office)
1-800-662-7030 (DHHS Customer Service)
Local County Department of Social Services

Disability benefits are paid by the Social Security Administration, a federal government program. Contact the Social Security Administration (hyperlink is specifically for disability) for help. If you are having trouble getting assistance, contact your Congressional representative.