Police Issues

Tab/Accordion Items

The Governor of North Carolina does not have administrative authority over local police offices. If you have a concern with a local police officer, you should contact your local police department. You may also contact your local Chief of Police or Sherriff’s Office. You can find the contact information for local government departments at the County List.

The Department of Public Safety is responsible for the oversight of the State Highway Patrol, the State Capitol Police, the State Bureau of Investigation, and Alcohol Law Enforcement. For information, including contact information, please visit the NC DPS law enforcement website.

Phone numbers for each division as well as email contact information are available on the DPS contact page.